CfP: IV Coloquio Internacional: Marcadores del discurso en las lenguas románicas
The Centre for Ibero-American Studies at Heidelberg University (IAZ) invites researchers on discourse markers in Romance languages to submit contributions for the 4th International Symposium Discourse Markers in Romance Languages: A Contrastive Approach, which will be held from May 6 to 9, 2015 in Heidelberg (Germany).
The Heidelberg Symposium is one of a series of conferences on discourse markers in Romance languages (Madrid, 2010; Buenos Aires, 2011; Campinas, 2012) and aims to build on the previous events. With its contrastive focus, the symposium serves as a platform for internationally renowned linguists and particularly for young researchers to exchange views and ideas and to broaden their research perspectives.
With special reference to discourse particle research, the conference will be an opportunity to look at the findings provided so far by contrastive linguistics and related disciplines. The following plenary speakers have already confirmed their attendance:
- Prof. Karin Aijmer, Göteborgs Universitet
- Prof. Volker Gast, Universität Jena
- Prof. Kerstin Fischer, Syddansk Universitet
- Prof. Elizabeth Traugott, Stanford University
We welcome abstracts for papers and posters pertaining to one of the following theme sessions:
- Contrastive Linguistics and Discourse Markers: Contrastive semasiology and onomasiology of discourse markers in Romance languages and their varieties
- Translation Studies and Discourse Markers: Translation problems and challenges posed by discourse markers
- Contrastive Lexicography and Discourse Markers: Problems and challenges of theoretical metalexicography or contributions on historical (contrastive) lexicography
- Contrastive Diachronic Linguistics and Discourse Markers: Diachronic research on discourse markers, including a contrastive approach to one or several discourse markers in one or more Romance languages
- Discourse Markers and Language Acquisition: Research on L1 or L2 acquisition of discourse markers in Romance languages
Conference presentation modalities
1. Oral presentations
- Presentations should be no longer than 30 minutes. Presentation will be followed by a 15- minute discussion
- Posters should not be larger than A0 size (118.9 × 84.1 cm, landscape or portrait)
- Posters may be printed in colour or in black and white
- Authors must bring the printed posters to the conference
- Contributors are requested to be present during the poster sessions
Abstracts and conference languages
Presentations may be held in French, Italian, Portuguese or Spanish. Plenary conferences will be held in English.
Submission of abstracts
Abstracts should not exceed one page (single spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, including figures and references, and must be sent as pdf). Abstracts must be in French, Italian, Portuguese or Spanish.
Please submit your abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org
For the submission of abstracts for posters, you can either select the poster option on the online registration site or apply for both an oral presentation and a poster contribution. In the latter case, the scientific committee reserves the right to decide which option will be more appropriate for the proposal submitted.
1 July 2014: Deadline for abstract submission (email@example.com)
1 September 2014: Notification of acceptance
6 – 9 May 2015: Symposium dates
Registration will be possible from October 1, 2014
Meldung von: Inés Recio Fernández