Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in the field of Italian Studies, Migration, Autobiography
Stadt: Luxembourg, Luxembourg
The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following vacancy in its Faculty of FLSHASE
Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in the field of Italian Studies, Migration, Autobiography (M/F)
Fixed-term contract 3 years, full-time (40 hrs/week)
The PhD student will be a member of the Italian Section of the Institute of Romance, Medias and Arts (IRMA).
- Collect and analyse texts written by Italians living in Luxembourg and in the Great Region (area encompassing the French region of Lorraine, the Belgian region of Wallonia, and the German states of Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland).
- Make qualitative interviews with a selected group of authors and new immigrants in order to collect the stories of the recent immigration.
- Active participation in the organization of meetings and conferences on Autobiography and Immigration.
- Participate at the editorial work of the publications of the Italian section, which is part of the Institute of Romance, Medias and Arts (IRMA).
- Analysing and interpreting data in a PhD thesis.
- Presenting preliminary and final results of the research project in conference papers and peer-reviewed publications
For further information please contact: Claudio Cicotti, email@example.com
- Master degree (or equivalent) in Italian Studies, Cultural Anthropology, Pedagogy.
- Experience in the field of autobiographical analysis and migration literature would be an asset
- Language skills: advanced level in Italian; a good level of least two of the official languages of the University of Luxembourg: English, French, German would be an asset.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team, communication and cooperation skills, excellent writing skills, strong personal commitment, determination.
- Competence in working in a collaborative research project with many partners.
- Ability to work in an international research team.
- Intellectually stimulating, multilingual working environment at the University of Luxembourg
- Participation in the IPSE Doctoral School and supervision on a personal level (joint supervision with another university may be possible).
- The construction of a new section of Italian studies within the Institute IRMA and of a new centre of autobiographical studies.
- Active participation at the new Formation Continue in “Langue, Culture, Société Italiennes” (LCSI).
- Working place with all necessary equipment at our new university campus at Belval.
Applications, written in Italian, English, French or German should be submitted online and should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (including your address, work experience and publications)
- Cover letter
- Copies of your Bachelor and Master diplomas (including final grades)
- A short description of your Master/Diploma Paper (max 1 page)
Please send your application online by 09.02.2015.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer